Tuesday, December 13, 2011

JOURNALISM AT MY BEST INTEREST

Albert Kevin Yalong

“With great power comes great responsibility.” As told by Uncle Ben to his nephew Peter Parker in the film Spiderman, a quotation that’s making all of us do the right things for a right direction for the right usage of power.
Journalism nowadays has been a cohesive yet the most risky world of Media, but through this forte, we will have an autonomous authority by the power of speech, yet we must learn how to limit ourselves, every part of this profession has its own dangerous threat to all of us, whether you like it or not, it is to me the best interest of the people. Would you believe it?
Being a journalist or broadcaster was never really my dream, when I was a kid I wanted to be on TV, to be on the limelight, dancing, singing and acting with all of my idols and to be my fellow colleagues in the future. That’s it, a dream that turned into reality yet in a different world.
That’s when I shifted to Mass Communication from being a Management student; it was a tough decision to me yet a big challenge on how can I reach my full potential on this course and how can I overcome all of my tribulations. And finally it turned out good to me.
Journalist isn’t for the weak-hearted people. In this career you must have the guts to present what is right and wrong, and in every action that we make, we must learn how to take responsible of that act and how can we defend the credibility of the news that we deliver.
Journalist tackles all stories and chopping it one by one so every readers, viewers and listeners knows what’s behind every issues and through this, they tend to made a suggestion too as an individual on how can they prevent all this type of problems that we encounter in our day to day lives.
As a graduating student of Mass Communication, it is an honor and a prestigious duty to be a part of this field; I cannot say that I will be great in this career, but through this influential profession, I will learn a lot, by having enough courage to deliver the stories and not to be biased, by motivating myself, and to get all the best interest of the people, especially me. J

1 comment:

  1. I strongly agree on what you've said, that JOURNALIST ISN'T FOR THE WEAK-HEARTED PEOPLE..
    It is true that they are not, in fact they are the strongest for me.. especially those who are loyal and faithful journalists of our time.
    Honestly, being exposed with the realities of our future-world, having these thoughts that someday I might be one of those BUWIS-BUHAY coverage people made me think really scary but for you, I know you'll make it!! :) good luck!! I hope you'll never regret refusing your dream as an entertainer into a journalist!! God bless.

    ReplyDelete