Friday, March 09, 2012

Source and Reporter Relationship


 I interviewed Mrs. Jen Cruz- Pastrana a reporter in DZIQ 990 AM where I have my On the Job Training. She’s a field reporter and also a showbiz anchor in the station.
    First I asked her what are the characteristics of a good reporter and she said a reporter must be credible, must have integrity. She also stated that “Dapat may puso ka sa ginagawa mo at dapat mahal mo yung trabaho mo.”
            Next was, relationship of source and the reporter, since she’s in showbiz part she said that she makes sure that she has this converstion with her source and that everything that she says on air must be really said by the people involved in the story. She said that “Mismong experience naman nung taong involve yung sinasabi ko on air.”
            Related to this is how does she keep the identity of her source especially if the story is sensitive, she said that “Nasa iyo naman yun kung sasabihin mo o hindi yung identity ng source mo ang importante dapat protektado mo pa rin yung source mo.”
            She also shared few of her experiences while reporting on field, like she had this experience reporting inside a public utility vehicle like jeepney, LRT and a taxi and everyone around her gets shocked but she still continues with her work. “Di naman maiiwasan ang ganoon since pakalat kalat nga ako at nasa assigned beat ako.”
            She also said if possible, when you report on field find a quiet place so that what you say on air is clearly heard.
            I learned from her that if I’ll be entering this kind of field I must be full-hearted on my career and I must love what I’m doing. Make sure that what I’ll be doing must be right. I also learned that in radio everything is fast. You should learn how to manage things at the same time. Every story you hear and see must be reported. Learn how to ask. Have the initiative. Be on time. Be aware in everything that surrounds you. Every incident is news.

1 comment:

  1. Ate jenene was really one of the greatest anchor I have ever heard on an a.m. station. She was enjoyable to listen when she is on-air :))

    ReplyDelete