Tuesday, March 06, 2012

The Damage has been Done

I am not really an ABS-CBN viewer. But I found the article very interesting and informative. I must admit that it is worth reading.

I have heard a lot of rumours of how they say ABS-CBN handles news stories. It is negative. Some say they can be paid to change stories in accord to their interest. Some says that they have been an ally of the Arroyo administration. These things have greatly affected my view about the News and Current Affairs of the station.

I agree to what the author said in this article that no matter how hard they try to explain their side, some people will still remain unconvinced. It is a sad truth especially in the media industry that how easily a rumour spread is the total opposite of how it can vanish. Sometimes people will see your explanations as alibis even if you are really telling the truth.

I believe that a lot of television networks nowadays run as a business. It is a fact. I think this is a great factor that affects how its owners and its employees act. Their actions will be for the best interest of the station. Anything that will ruin the good reputation of the company to present and potential partners should be eliminated. This is even at expense of the truth that they should always hold on to.

Even if explanations were laid before me about what had really happened during those times that ABS-CBN is accused of doing things for the benefit of the Lopez’s, I myself is not convinced completely. I don’t know why. But having a background of how dirty the media industry could be makes me think that a lot of things worse than I am thinking is happening without the knowledge of the public on it.

I think that it is really a challenge for ABS-CBN to uphold their image and integrity for future success. I mean, being on top, there is no way to go but down. What is adding a lot of pressure in their part is the big group of companies it is related with.

No one can really please everybody even ABS-CBN. I hope that what is written in the article is true. This topic gives an important challenge to all of us who are pursuing a career in the mass media industry--- to be responsible in an enormous power given to us.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree, ABS-CBN must find their way out of this image and please everyone to their fairness in delivering news. In my opinion as a viewer and also a media student, there are a lot of issues that make me feel convinced that their company is still in credibility crisis.

    That is why they really need to settle things up before it will be the cause of their downfall of their images.

    ReplyDelete